Specialist Education Services recognises that its vision CAN ONLY be achieved through PEOPLE. Avocet House holds Investors in People Gold.
To facilitate the provision of high quality work with young people, all staff employed at Avocet House participate in the SES Staff Support and Development Programme. This formalises a system of staff supervision, support, development and training.
In this way we provide every employee with opportunities to extend their range of knowledge, skills, understanding and experience so as to underpin their ability to bring the company vision to life.
Every SES Ltd employee can expect:
- a highly competitive industry leading salary
- a contributory pension scheme
- a BUPA independent 24hr helpline and counseling service
- a comprehensive induction and foundation training programme
- Team Teach training in de-escalation and positive handling strategies to a high standard (Gold Award winner)
- sick pay entitlement that matches the best found in the public sector
- a personal Apple laptop to support them in their work
- a Professional Development Plan tailored to their individual needs and aspirations with monthly meetings alternating between personal support and professional development
- encouragement to realise their career and personal development with the company as part of continued growth
- to contribute to innovative, creative, ‘no limits’ thinking for children and themselves
All care workers are supported to achieve a Level 3 Diploma and all managers a Level 5 Diploma.
Specialist Education Services believes that staff support and development is a continuous process for all staff, whatever their role and responsibilities, from appointment to leaving, involving both formal and informal processes.
Importantly, training and development is not viewed as a separate process from the individual’s day-to-day professional practice. Indeed learning is most effective when individuals can identify a clear connection between theory and practice, and where day to day observation, feedback and coaching is as important as more traditionally based training.